If you are reading this article it clearly means that you have got a query in your mind about “How to add custom thumbnail on YouTube Videos”. But don’t worry because here I am going to share with you some of the working methods which you can consider to add a custom thumbnail on your YouTube videos. So, let’s get started without any delay.
What is a Thumbnail on YouTube?
A thumbnail is a snapshot of your video which is seen to the user while browsing on YouTube with the help of which they can watch your video by clicking on it. It should be created by the content creator manually or else YouTube manually chooses any random part of your video to make a thumbnail. But it is better to create and publish a thumbnail on our own rather than choosing YouTube’s recommended thumbnail.
How to Create a Thumbnail?
There are many ways to create a thumbnail. You should make sure that your thumbnail is attractive and people would be bounded to click it by just looking at it. Creating a YouTube thumbnail is very simple you just know some simple graphic designing or you can also create a thumbnail by using some simple tools like Canva, Adobe Photoshop, etc. You can also hire a freelancer to create a custom thumbnail for your video. There are many freelancers available in the market that is creating great thumbnails for your videos.
How to Verify Your YouTube Channel
If you want to add a custom thumbnail to your YouTube video then you should know that you won’t be able to add any thumbnail without verifying your YouTube channel. The thumbnail option appears only after the channel is verified. Note that this verification is not the one that awards you with a verification batch. It is a verification done by YouTube just to make sure that your channel is genuine.
Verifying a YouTube channel is not a tough job you just need to follow some simple steps to verify your channel. Below are some of the steps you need to follow to verify your YouTube channel.
- If you are using an Android phone then you should open your Chrome browser in the desktop version and if you are using your desktop to do this work then you can simply open your chrome browser without delay.
- Firstly you should be signed in the channel whom you want to verify.
- Visit www.YouTube.com/features in your browser.
- Your channel’s page will appear on the screen.
- Below your channel logo you would be seeing a verify button, just click on it.
- A different page will appear where you should select your country, choose among call me and text me, enter your mobile number and just click on the submit option.
- Just check the number you have entered you would be getting an OTP which you need to enter in the box.
- Just, click on submit button and your channel is now verified and you are ready to move on to the next step.
How to Add Custom Thumbnails on your YouTube Video While Uploading?
Adding a custom thumbnail in our YouTube video is a very easy job. It’s just like adding titles and descriptions to our videos. While uploading, in the details section you would be seeing the thumbnail option. And in the thumbnail option, you would be getting an Upload thumbnail button. So, just click that button, choose the thumbnail which you have created and upload it. That’s it you are done adding a custom thumbnail to your YouTube video.
How to Add Custom Thumbnails on Your YouTube Video after Upload?
If you want to add a custom thumbnail on your YouTube video after the video is uploaded then there are two options. You can add a custom thumbnail on a PC or laptop and in your Android as well. So, in this article, I am going to share with you both the ways how you could do it on your PC or laptop and on your Android device.
In PC or Laptop
- Log in to your YouTube account on your PC or Laptop.
- Click on your profile icon in the upper right corner.
- Click the YouTube Studio button.
- Now you are in the YouTube Studio. So, open the content tab on the left side.
- All of your uploaded videos will appear on your screen. Look for the video whose thumbnail you want to change.
- Hover over your required video and click the details icon which looks like a pen.
- Now, scroll down over the settings of your video and look for the upload thumbnail button.
- Just click on Upload thumbnail and choose the thumbnail which you want to use and upload it.
- As a result its now done you have successfully added a thumbnail to your uploaded video.
In Android Phone
- Download the YouTube studio app available in Google Play Store.
- Log In with your YouTube account.
- Now, just click on the menu and then click on Videos.
- Select the video that you want to change.
- Tab for edit in the upper right corner.
- Click the edit thumbnail button that appeared on your screen.
- If you are satisfied with the self-generated thumbnail then let it be otherwise click on upload thumbnail.
- Choose the thumbnail available on your device and just upload it.
- Tap on the save option. Done it’s that simple you have successfully added a thumbnail to your required video.
In this article, I have tried to let you know all the steps using which you can add a custom thumbnail to your video. If you were a newbie and wanted to know how you could add a custom thumbnail to your video then in that case this article would have helped you a lot. I hope that I was successful in my intention to help you regarding “how to add custom thumbnail YouTube”. If you have still got any difficulties regarding these steps. Then feel free to let us know in the comment section and we would surely try our best to help you.